About me

Mijn foto
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I travel the globe for a living. Luckily I get to see many beautiful things when traveling. Design is one of my passions. On my blog I try to collect a lot of my design-encounters around the world. I hope you'll like it! XOXO Nina

donderdag 23 juni 2011

Orient-style


Once again in Bangkok, Thailand. This time I Was determined to explore some areas i had discovered the last time I was there.  
Siam square, an area that i had to check out, again. It is situated in the shopping-heart of Bangkok, close to all the big shoppingcenters with all the big brands like Gucci, Prada, but also Zara and Forever 21 are there. 
The downside to these shoppingcenters is that it could be anywhere, USA, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai.  

That's why places like Siam square are so much fun. Here's where many young entrepeneurs/designers settle and run small shops. Some of them sell their own designs, some sell quirky designs and some even sell a selection of the fake-stuff (to be found everywhere in BKK!).  

There are real gems to be found in these places! Super-cute interiors, windows and details.

Another place to find the 'off-the-beaten-track-stuff' is the Chatuchak Weekend Market. 
This is a huuuuuuuuge outdoor market open, obviously, only in the weekends.
I have been there many times and everytime I get overheated by the crowds, the hugeness of the whole thing an ofcourse the sizzling temperatures.  
A couple of times ago I discovered section 2. This sounds sort of morbid, the word 'section',now that I'm writing this.... Anyhoo, this is the 'cute' section of this huge market. The market has about 30 sections, I believe, with sections differing from antiques, plants, clothes, shoes and even pets (cute puppies and kittens, but also frogs and snakes, aaaaaaaarrrrrhh!). 
The best part of it all is the styling of these little shops/stalls. I took some pics as a small impression.










1 opmerking:

  1. OOOH GAAN WE EEN KEERTJE SAMEN OP PHOTOHUNT IN BKK......? leuke Blog HUNNY ! smak.. Joor..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen