About me

Mijn foto
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I travel the globe for a living. Luckily I get to see many beautiful things when traveling. Design is one of my passions. On my blog I try to collect a lot of my design-encounters around the world. I hope you'll like it! XOXO Nina

woensdag 18 mei 2011

On tour

Last week I did a small tour around the continent. From Budapest to Barcelona to Copenhagen to Oslo to Berlin.  After 15 years of flying around the globe I m still amazed with the life I have.
From time to time it feels like a drag to have to go away so often, for work. Living out of a suitcase, while I could be at home and have all my things around me. My comfort zone.
Thank God, I always snap out of those thoughts and realize how lucky I am. I get to see the whole world! Ok, normally, I stay at places for  a short time, but if you go back often enough you can get the humble picture of how life is in other places.
And the inspiration! Aaaaaaaah! Now, that is the best part! Interiors of the coolest hotels, restaurants, etc.  Young designers all over the globe, being innovative and different.
Not only the 'design-part' inspires me, but foremost the people. It sounds cliche, but I'm always amazed by the hustle and bustle of the 'locals', so to speak.
On my walks, en route,  I always try to peer into the houses to see what 'normal' life is, in all those places (no, not like a freak-stalker!).  People doing their grocery-shopping, preparing dinner, going to work, school, etc.
Groups of friends sitting together at a bar, having a beer.
Being curious is something I hope I will always be. It makes my job, my relationship, my friendships, my life wonderful.
So, eventhough tommorow is my last day off, in my 'comfort zone' I'm off this friday on another trip with my mobile 'comfort zone' aka my blue Samsonite..
Until the next post!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten