About me

Mijn foto
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I travel the globe for a living. Luckily I get to see many beautiful things when traveling. Design is one of my passions. On my blog I try to collect a lot of my design-encounters around the world. I hope you'll like it! XOXO Nina

dinsdag 26 april 2011

Palm Springs

Architecture from the 50's and 60's, i'm a big sucker for it. This gasstation is in Palm Springs, CA.  Every year there's an architecture festival in Palm Springs. Many of the mid-century style houses/bungalows organize an open house during this 3-day festival (how great would it be to snoop around all those houses!). A lot of flea-markets, specialized in mid-century, are being held around town and there are a lot of movies and perfomances  around as well; a big theme of these shows are 'the Rat Pack', since Palm Springs had it's glory days in the 50's and 60's. Many Hollywood-stars from that era found refuge and a bit of peace and quiet in Palm Springs, back in the day.
Nowadays Palm Springs is 'cool' again. Ace-hotel also has an hotel there. That's always a good sign!
Next year when I have my winter-vacation, I know where I want to go.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten